Top Digital Nomad Blogs to Follow in 2023
Are you dreaming of a life where you can work from anywhere in the world? A life where you can explore new places, meet new people and still make an income? If so, then being a digital nomad might be just what you need! But with so many blogs out there claiming to have all the answers, it can be tough to figure out which ones are worth reading. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the top digital nomad blogs to follow in 2023 – filled with tips, advice and inspiration for living your best remote work life!
The Wandering VR
There are few things more frustrating than being glued to a single location. It’s even worse when that location is your home office and you’re struggling to maintain productivity day in and day out. If this sounds like you, then it’s time to take your work on the road with you.
Here are the top digital nomad blogs to follow in 2019:
1. The Wandering VR – This blog is all about embracing the digital nomad lifestyle and using technology to make it happen. The author, Taylor Burton-Jones, is a full-time freelance writer and editor who specializes in VR/AR content. He’s been living and working from various locations around the world for years, and he knows exactly what it takes to make the most of the nomadic lifestyle.
2. The Professional Hobo – No list of digital nomad blogs would be complete without mention of The Professional Hobo. This site is run by long-time hobo Nomadic Matt, who’s been helping others live their travel dreams since 2008. On his blog, you’ll find everything from tips on how to save money while traveling to destination guides and stories from his own adventures around the world.
3. Location Indie – If you’re looking for more design-centric nomad inspiration, look no further than Location Indie. This site is all about helping creative professionals build successful businesses they can run from anywhere in the world. You’ll find articles on topics like freelancing, remote work, and digital marketing, as well as interviews with successful entrepreneurs who are living their dreams.
4. Nomadic Notes – Another great resource for digital nomads is Nomadic Notes. This blog is run by two travel writers, Audrey and Daniel, who’ve been living the nomad life since 2011. Here you can find everything from budget travel tips to advice on how to make the most of your journey around the world.
So if you’re looking for inspiration to get out there and see the world while still being able to work remotely, these blogs are a great place to start!
The Digital Nomad Wife
As a digital nomad wife, I know the challenges and rewards that come with this unique lifestyle. I’ve blogged about my experiences as a way to connect with other nomads and to help those who are considering this lifestyle.
I believe that the digital nomad lifestyle is the future of work. More and more people are realizing that they can make a good living without being tied to one location. And as our world becomes more connected, it’s easier than ever to work from anywhere.
I know that there are some challenges that come with this lifestyle, but I also know that it’s possible to live a rich and fulfilling life as a digital nomad. If you’re thinking about becoming a digital nomad, or if you’re already living this lifestyle, I hope you’ll follow my blog and join me on this journey.
There are a lot of digital nomad blogs out there, but Location Rebel is one of the best. Sean Ogle started Location Rebel in 2011 to help people live their dreams and work from anywhere in the world.
Since then, Sean and his team have helped thousands of people escape the 9-5 grind and live a life of freedom. On the blog, you’ll find everything from how to start your own online business to where to find the best food and coffee in town.
If you’re looking for inspiration, tips, and advice on living the digital nomad lifestyle, Location Rebel is a great place to start.
Live More, Spend Less
If you’re looking to live a nomadic lifestyle, there are plenty of digital nomad blogs out there to help get you started. Here are our top picks:
1. Live More, Spend Less – This blog is all about helping people live a nomadic lifestyle on a budget. It’s packed full of tips and advice on how to save money while still enjoying your travels.
2. The Professional Hobo – This blog is written by Nomadic Matt, one of the most well-known and respected names in the digital nomad community. He offers up great advice on topics like how to make money on the road and where to find the best deals on accommodation and travel insurance.
3. Wandering Earl – Another great resource for aspiring digital nomads, this blog covers everything from finding work online to budgeting for your travels.
4. Gone With The Wynns – This married couple has been living and working on the road since 2008, so they know a thing or two about what it takes to make this lifestyle work. Their blog is full of inspiring stories and practical advice for anyone considering a similar path.
5. Location Indie – This blog is all about helping people live their dream life of location independence through articles on topics like remote work, online business, and slow travel.
If you want to learn about digital nomadism, there’s no better place to start than Tropical MBA. The blog is run by a group of successful entrepreneurs who share their stories and advice on everything from building a business to living the nomadic lifestyle.
Whether you’re interested in starting your own online business or just want to learn more about the digital nomad lifestyle, Tropical MBA is a great resource. In addition to articles, the site also offers podcasts, e-books, and an online course.
If you’re new to the digital nomad lifestyle, or even if you’re just considering it, one of the best things you can do is follow some great blogs about vagabonding. Vagabonding is a term that’s come to describe the growing trend of location independent workers who use technology to earn a living while traveling the world.
There are a ton of great blogs out there about vagabonding, but here are our top picks for the best ones to follow:
1. The Professional Hobo – This blog is written by Nora Dunn, one of the OG digital nomads. She’s been living and working on the road since 2006, and her blog is packed with useful advice for anyone considering a similar lifestyle.
2. Wandering Earl – Derek Earl Baron started traveling in 2003 and has since visited over 100 countries. His blog is full of inspirational stories and practical tips for anyone looking to travel long-term.
3. Gone with the Wynns – This husband and wife team left their corporate jobs in 2008 to pursue a life of travel and adventure. Their blog chronicles their around-the-world travels, complete with beautiful photos and videos.
4. Indie Travel Podcast – This podcast is hosted by Craig Martin, who’s been traveling non-stop since 2005. He interviews a variety of interesting guests, all with different takes on what it means to be a digital nomad.
Reasons to become a digital nomad
There are plenty of reasons to become a digital nomad! For starters, it allows you to work from anywhere in the world. That means no more 9-5 desk jobs in a stuffy office. You can also make your own schedule and take on as much or as little work as you want.
Another great reason to become a digital nomad is that it gives you the opportunity to travel and see new places. Working remotely means you can easily pick up and move to another city or country whenever you feel like it. And with so many beautiful places in the world to explore, why wouldn’t you want to take advantage of that?
Finally, being a digital nomad can help you lead a healthier and happier life. If you’re tired of working long hours and dealing with stressful commutes, becoming a digital nomad will give you the chance to slow down and enjoy life more. With more free time and flexibility, you can focus on things that matter most to you and live a life that feels good.
How to get started as a digital nomad
There are a few key steps you need to take if you want to become a digital nomad. The first is to make sure that you have the right skillset. If you’re not already proficient in things like web design, coding, or graphic design, then now is the time to start learning.
Once you’ve got the skills you need, the next step is to start finding clients or projects that you can work on remotely. Sites like Upwork and Freelancer are great places to start looking for work, and there are also many job boards specifically for digital nomads.
Once you’ve landed a few clients or projects, the next step is to start planning your travels. This means finding affordable places to live and work, as well as figuring out what kind of visa requirements there are for your destination(s).
And finally, once you’ve got everything sorted and are ready to hit the road, don’t forget to document your journey! Starting a blog or vlog about your experiences as a digital nomad can not only be therapeutic, but it can also help inspire others who are thinking about making the jump themselves.
With the world of digital nomadism continuing to grow, 2023 is set to be an exciting year with many new opportunities. Following a few of these top digital nomad blogs will provide you with the latest news, tips and advice on how to make the most out of your remote working lifestyle. Whether you’re just getting started or are already an experienced digital nomad looking for new ideas, these are some great blogging resources that can help take your career in a whole new direction!
Subscribe to our email newsletter to get the latest posts delivered right to your email.